Clintonville Moose Lodge Lost to Fire- Everyone Out Safely
January 5, 2018 was a normal Friday fish fry at the Clintonville Moose Lodge. Brenda Mehlberg estimates about 10 people were inside the building at the time the kitchen fire started. All were able to evacuate quickly and safely.
According to WFRV channel 5 reports “Clintonville Fire Chief Shane Krueger says that battling the blaze was made more complicated by freezing temperatures….Eight or nine other agencies aided the Clintonville Fire Department in extinguishing the blaze, and Chief Krueger told Local Five that the crews were on scene until about 1:30 a.m. Saturday.”
The building has been determined a complete loss. Now Clintonville is going to be faced with the challenges of rebuilding their lodge. Stephanie Aanonsen has setup a t-shirt fundraiser for us as a state to help raise some funds for the Clintonville lodge. Below is a link to that information.